Your Guide to be Successful in Online Sales
How customer finds your hotel webpage?
- Have you done SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for your hotel webpage?
Hotel front page and subpages should be optimized in all webpage languages (including special offers and pictures).
- All advertisement and social media links should lead to your webpage.
- TripAdvisor Business Listing + TripConnect
TripAdvisor Business Listing gives you opportunity to
add link to your own webpage, add special offers, make
picture slideshow and get statistics.
TripAdvisor TripConnect – gives you possibility to add
link to your own booking engine (pay per click).
Or if you don’t want to do TripAdvisor Business Listing
you can join TripAdvisor Instant Booking – add to your
TripAdvisor account the direct link to your booking
engine and you will pay per stay.
- Make your own Google accounts: Google Maps, Google My Business, Google+, the last one you can
do under Google My Business account.
- Have an active Facebook page, where you post your offers, news about hotel and make sure you also
have BOOK NOW button there.
If you have done all this, assign a person who will keep it up to date and active. Always answer to customer comments.
Customer has found your webpage – how to make him buy?
- Responsive design –make sure your webpage opens correctly in desktop, ipad and smart phones.
Did you know that 85% of people who search travel information uses mobile device at some point. Therefore, your webpage and booking engine should open correctly in all devices.
- Add Google Map and your hotel location to the webpage (is it seaside hotel, city centre hotel etc).
- Add special offers section to front page and make special offers. Make attractive offers, for example, offers for early bookers, for family, romantic getaway etc.
- Show the pricing level – clients would like to see “from” prices.
- Under special offers have “BOOK NOW” buttons with promotional code, then you can be sure client will see in the booking engine correct package right away.
- Do you have “BOOK NOW” button on the
• room pages?
• under each special offer?
• if you have booking window or “Book now” button, it should be on the front page and on the subpages.
- Correct pricing structure in all online channels. YOUR WEBPAGE SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE THE BEST PRICE – better than in booking.com etc.
- Add to your booking window a sentence: ALWAYS THE BEST RATE and make a subpage to your webpage where you explain what it means. “Always the best rate” – make it short and clear.
- Give something extra to the ones who book directly from your webpage (for example a fruit basket, a bottle of sparkling wine etc).
- You should have the opportunity to change your prices in all online channels at the same time.
- Update your webpage – make new pictures once in a while, add new seasonal offers, menus. Do it on your webpage and in booking.com etc.
- Collect emails through your webpage and send direct offers to the ones who are already interested of your news.
- Does your webpage have integration with Google Analytics? Use Google Analytics possibilities and get useful statistics.
- You can add “Pop up banners” to your webpage with offers you want to promote.
Customer in your booking engine – buying process.
- Keep availability – make sure you will have the last room availability in your webpage booking engine.
- Always have THE SAME special offers and packages in booking engine as on your webpage.
- Add extra services to your booking engine. You should have at least 3 extra services.
- Offer pre-payment prices in your booking engine. Prepayment prices should be the cheapest ones.
Order is done, customer is coming to hotel
- Upgrade your client who did booking from your webpage to better room if possible.
- Give a coupon during check out process or give something extra/discount when doing next
reservation through your webpage booking engine.
- Collect emails and send personal email / customer satisfaction survey after spending a night in your
• NB! After stay, you can send the email from TripAdvisor or through different email programs.